Technology: Paper Transport, Platform Science collaborate on driver experience
Roadnet Technologies, an Omnitracs company specializing in transportation logistics software, launched Roadnet Transportation Suite 3.6.9, the latest version of its vehicle routing, scheduling, tracking, mobile workforce and fleet management software.
The updated solution is engineered to deliver greater accuracy and significantly enhance critical decision making for fleet owners, dispatchers and operators, said Roadnet.
As the first platform update of 2015, Roadnet Transportation Suite 3.6.9 introduces enhanced features to its planning, routing and tracking offerings for improved efficiency and ease of use, according to the software provider.
In addition, the update also incorporates Roadnet’s newest business intelligence offering, Roadnet Insight. Roadnet Insight delivers data across the entire enterprise, including planning, dispatching, asset- and vehicle-tracking, proof-of-delivery, and telematics.
“Having insight into all transportation data quickly is critical for fleets to make informed and expedited business decisions,” said Kevin Haugh, vice president and general manager at Roadnet Technologies. “Our continued improvements to Roadnet Transportation Suite demonstrate our commitment to helping customers to keep pace with their quickly evolving business needs, while positively impacting decision-making and their bottom line.”
According to Roadnet, the full list of enhancements to Transportation Suite 3.6.9 includes:
- Roadnet Insight—a new domain-specific business intelligence tool that presents in-depth information about transportation, allowing users to quickly identify trends and drill down to the root cause of major variances to plan;
- Territory Planner—a new feature within the editor tool that allows users to change location using unassigned routes, stop list, locate window, plotted maps, location extensions or the unrouted list;
- MobileView—a timeline viewing tool that gives insights into how routes unfold throughout the day by including exceptions that occurred on a route, along with the time the exceptions occurred and additional details;
- Roadnet Info Center—this feature provides information for a specific stop without having to know the region location or stop by searching across all regions;
- Roadnet Web Services—an enhancement that allows users to retrieve planned arrival and departure times for a route.
Other general enhancements to Roadnet Transportation Suite 3.6.9 are the ability for editors to change geocodes without access to all maintenance information and the availability of time-based equipment costs, which can help improve the accuracy of accounting, according to Roadnet.
For additional information about Roadnet Technologies’ suite of logistics technology products, visit www.roadnet.com.