Components: Trucker Path now offers Geotab ELD and telematics solutions
Mobile workforce managers looking to make more informed investment and planning decisions as they consider moving to electric vehicles (EVs) from their gasoline-powered ones will benefit from new enhancements, developed exclusively for EVs, in the Verizon Connect Reveal fleet management platform. For those customers who have already made the leap to EVs, the new updates to Reveal enable customers to easily differentiate their EVs from gas-powered vehicles, maximize uptime by seeing their EVs’ charging and battery status management software platform, and more.
Beginning next month, Verizon Connect Reveal customers in the U.S. and Canada will be able to track every vehicle in their fleets – both gasoline-powered and EVs in one pane of glass. These enhancements will support all Reveal customers including government, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprise customers who have any combination of
EVs, Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs), Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHEVs) and Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles with OBD-II Standard Protocol.
Planning for the implementation of EVs can be evaluated from data and analytics from the Verizon Connect Reveal fleet management software platform. The data the team is able to extract regarding miles driven, vehicle wear and tear, vehicle tracking and location, utilization and other points, can inform a fleet’s EV planning decisions, including the number of EVs included in the first phase of the rollout and future investments, infrastructure plans for charging, EV maintenance, EV storage and yards, and much more.
What EV fleet managers can expect from the new release:
● EV icon: Quickly identify which EVs are charging on a live map within Reveal.
● Mobile app support: Manage people and the fleet with location and status of ICE vehicles, EVs and assets in the Verizon Connect Spotlight app.
● Charge state: Charging status informs which EVs are actively being charged at any given time.
● Battery level: Near real-time battery level percentage to identify which EVs in your fleet have the most/least battery level.
● Report: New EV-specific report that includes charging data.
● EV Alerts: Configurable alert for Electric Vehicles experiencing a “Low Battery.”