Volvo Trucks North America has introduced the Volvo Blue Contract service offering, a maintenance program that the OEM says is designed to improve uptime, assist in optimizing truck performance and simplify maintenance management for customers and dealers.
The new Volvo Blue Contract provides one premium service plan that replaces existing maintenance plans currently offered to customers. With monthly or pre-paid billing options, customers can either pay on a recurring basis or up front with the purchase of their truck, either billed directly or through their dealer. Customers financing through Volvo Financial Services can bundle the Volvo Blue Contract with their truck payment on a single invoice.
Select preventative maintenance is included with the Volvo Blue Contract to provide further benefits to customers, Volvo says. The plan allows customers to have full insight into their trucks’ service costs up front, and service schedules are tailored to specific vehicle applications.
According to the company, the Volvo Blue Contract includes:
- 74-point inspection and oil analysis
- All scheduled engine maintenance, including valve adjustments
- All scheduled aftertreatment maintenance, including DPF cleaning
- All scheduled transmission and scheduled axle maintenance
- All scheduled chassis maintenance
- Fan belt tensioner and accessory drive belt tensioner replacements
- Alternator coverage
Additional repairs, such as warranty work or more advanced diagnostics, can be completed under the same roof, so trucks do not need to be removed from operation for separate service visits, the company adds.