Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. introduced a new long-haul tire, the Endurance LHD. Features of the Goodyear Endurance LHD highlighted by the company include:
- A new cap base tread combination to help promote longer miles to removal and lower rolling resistance;
- A new sidewall compound to help lower rolling resistance and promote fuel efficiency;
- A steel belt package to help provide enhanced casing toughness;
- A shoulder wedge, which was developed to help stabilize the tire’s belt package while improving its longevity;
- Goodyear Tredlock Technology to help stabilize the tire’s tread area for long miles to removal and resistance to irregular wear; and
- Goodyear’s UniCircle Technology.
The tire is now available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Range G) and 11R22.5 (Load Ranges G and H.) Another size, 11R24.5 (Load Range G), will be available in December. Sizes 11R24.5 (Load Range H) and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) will be available in January 2018.
In addition, for long-haul fleets that want to extend the lifecycle of the Endurance LHD, Goodyear says it plans to introduce a matching retread in 2018.