Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the new M588 heavy-duty on/off-road drive tire. The M588 is built for severe service applications including oil, gas, mining, and logging operations, and boasts a 33/32-in. tread depth and special cut and chip resistant compound. According to the company, these are the benefits of the M588 tire:
- Side protectors are molded into the sidewall of the tire, protecting the tire from cut damage by rocks, and from the continued use of snow chains;
- A high-void design provides excellent mud and snow traction;
- Angled inline lateral grooves between the tread blocks, help evacuate packed mud and prevent snow chains from dropping into the grooves;
- Toyo’s e-balance technology provides longevity, tread profile retention and fuel efficiency;
- Durable casing design improves retreadability.
Two 16-ply sizes (11R22.5, and an 11R24.5) are available with the M588.