Bridgestone Americas announced two new Bandag retreads, the Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern and the Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern. This rounds out a trio of patterns (including the Bandag b799) that the company says are designed to balance dependable performance and affordability.
Features of the Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern described by the company include:
- Robust, solid shoulder for long tread life and uniform wear.
- Aggressive lug pattern for strong traction.
- Stone rejecters to help prevent stone drilling.
- Trusted, proprietary compound that contributes to durability and wear life.
Features of the Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern described by the company include:
- Wide center rib for stability and even wear.
- Open shoulder that provides strong evacuation and traction in adverse weather conditions, along with a strong grip for chains.
- Trusted, proprietary compound to contribute to long, even wear and durability.