Carrier Transicold has introduced a new thin-profile Vector 8400R refrigeration unit for domestic intermodal containers.
Carrier Transicold says the new unit surpasses EPA Tier 4 requirements by cutting particulate emissions, allowing for lifetime compliance with California Air Resources Board (CARB) requirements without the need for future exhaust control systems.
Benefits of the Vector 8400R unit, according to the company, include:
- The Vector 8400R fits within a trim envelope and maximizes usable container space for more efficient operations. Up to 7% more cargo can be carried than with traditional units, the press release notes.
- Up to 10% better fuel efficiency, thanks to an engine with common-rail fuel injection.
- The unit uses CARB-compliant R-452A refrigerant.
- It is equipped with Carrier Transicold’s Lynx Fleet telematics solution for remote monitoring of temperatures, location, movement and unit operating performance
- An optional 50-watt rail-optimized solar charging system is also offered.