Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new tire called Fuel Max RSA, specially made for regional and long haul fleets. The Fuel Max RSA, which is SmartWay-compliant, has the following features according to Goodyear:
- Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which contains cool-running compounds to lower tire rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency
- A tri-layer compound for exceptional mileage, rolling resistance and curb impact resistance
- A non-evolving tread to help maintain traction through the tire’s lifecycle
- Super-tensile steel belts to add stability and enhance toughness
- Goodyear Unisteel casing construction for optimal retreadability
- A computer-optimized tread design and footprint for more miles to removal
In addition, the Fuel Max RSA contains Goodyear’s IntelliMax Rib Technology, which provides a stiffer tread area for lower rolling resistance, higher mileage and even wear, according to Goodyear Marketing Manager Norberto Flores. “The Fuel Max RSA also offers snow traction thanks to its innovative tread design and boasts a 20/32-in. tread depth for lower cost-per-mile,” Flores said.
The Fuel Max RSA is available in size 11R22.5, Load Range G. Additional sizes – including 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 in Load Ranges G and H, and 11R22.5 in Load Range H – will be introduced in early 2016.