Carrier Transicold has rolled out new capabilities for its digital platform, now rebranded as Lynx Fleet, giving North American refrigerated trucking operations more comprehensive monitoring capabilities for their refrigerated trucks and trailers. The new Lynx Fleet offering enhances the prior web-based application with an at-a-glance view of refrigerated truck and trailer performance parameters, the manufacturer noted in a press release. These visual indicators help fleet managers easily monitor transport refrigeration equipment utilization, improve operational efficiencies and maximize uptime by spotting and averting potential equipment issues.
Formerly called eSolutions, Lynx Fleet for North America’s refrigerated trucks and trailers is part of Carrier’s Lynx global ecosystem, which applies advanced internet of things (IoT) analytics, machine learning and various big data technologies to connect the cold chain in the cloud, automate key processes and deliver real-time visibility and insights throughout the cargo’s journey.
Prioritized based on customer input, the initial rollout provides key insights:
- Low Fuel Level – Provides visibility to refrigeration units that require fuel, helping to avoid emergency call outs for refueling and engine priming.
- Low Battery Voltage – Identifies the number of units in service that may have battery issues, which could result in an emergency call out if not addressed soon.
- Active Shutdown Alarm – Alerts to critical alarm conditions that will cause a refrigeration unit to shut down, helping fleets to prevent load loss.
- Door Metrics – Assists fleet in understanding the number of times cargo doors are opened over a period of time to help manage fuel costs and temperature-control issues.
- Asset Run Hours – Helps fleets balance asset usage and manage maintenance based on engine run hours and other factors.
Hardware used with the Lynx Fleet platform is factory installed on Carrier Transicold X4 series and Vector 8000 series trailer and rail refrigeration units. Dealer commissioning and data plan are required. The Lynx Fleet “monitor and enhanced control” data plan includes the diagnostic dashboard and insights, along with premium capabilities for data downloads, remote software updates and more.
Lynx Fleet data can be easily shared with most major transportation management systems (TMS). For fleets with custom data platforms, Carrier Transicold offers growing API (application programming interface) capabilities that facilitate the integration and display of data collected by Lynx Fleet.