Volvo Trucks North America has added an additional vendor, Gilbarco Veeder-Root, to its Vendor Direct Shipping program, further enabling customers to procure mobile and fixed electric vehicle (EV) charging hardware solutions directly from Volvo Trucks dealers when they purchase Volvo VNR Electric trucks. The program was initially launched in September 2022 with Heliox as its first vendor.
The Vendor Direct Shipping program now includes five models of EV chargers with more options and partners being added as demand grows:
• Kempower 50kW Mobile DC Fast Charger (Single Port CCS-1)
• ABB Terra 124 120kW DC Fast Charger (Dual Ports CCS-1)
• ABB Terra 184 180kW DC Fast Charger (Dual Ports CCS-1)
• 50kW Mobile DC Fast Charger (Single Port CCS-1)
• 180kW Flex DC Fast Charger (Up to 3 Dispensers with CCS-1)
Customers can also work with Volvo Trucks’ Vendor Direct Shipping partners to develop tailored and scalable infrastructure to ensure the battery-electric trucks are being charged up efficiently while making the best use of available power. Newly added vendor partner Gilbarco Veeder-Root offers end-to-end fleet charging solutions including EV charging infrastructure, an EV charger management portal, a fleet EV driver app, and an EV readiness tool.