The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. added a new line of mixed-service tires, known as the Workhorse line. The tires are available in MSA and MSD varieties. Like the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD, which was announced last month, the Goodyear Workhorse line has been designed for a wide variety of mixed-service applications.
“As the Workhorse name denotes, these new tires are tough, dependable and help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs,” said Goodyear Marketing Manager Evan Perrow. “We believe they will help mixed-service fleets get the job done, while helping to lower their operating costs.”
Company-described features of the Goodyear Workhorse MSA, designed for over-the-road performance, include:
- A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal;
- A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling;
- Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability;
- A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance;
- A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride;
- Available in three sizes: 11R22.5 (Load Range H); 11R24.5 (Load Range H); and 315/80R22.5 (Load Range L – 10,000-lb. capacity.)
Company-described features of the Goodyear Workhorse MSD, designed for both on- and off-road applications, include:
- Rugged casing construction for enhanced toughness and retreadability in heavy-duty, off-road applications;
- Deep 31/32-in. tread with a rugged lug configuration to help deliver traction on difficult terrain;
- An advanced tread compound to help resist cuts and chips for off-road performance;
- A deep undertread to help promote cool-running performance while on the road;
- A steel belt/casing package to help enhance retreadability;
- Available in two sizes: 11R22.5 and 11R24.5, both Load Range H.