Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. has announced new specifications of its upcoming Class 6 medium-duty truck, the 2018 Isuzu FTR.
Among the new specs released by Isuzu are:
- 25,950 lbs. GVWR.
- The FTR will be available in eight wheelbase lengths ranging from 152 to 248 in., accommodating bodies from 14 to 30 ft. long.
- The FTR is a dock height class 6 truck.
- The turbocharged Isuzu 5.2-liter 4HK1-TC engine propelling the FTR will generate 215 HP and 520 lbs./ft. of torque.
- The engine will be mated to an Allison six-speed automatic transmission with power take-off (PTO) capability.
- Dana axles will have capacities of 12,000 lbs. up front and 19,000 lbs. rear suspension.
- Bridgestone or Continental 11R22.5 tires will be fitted to 22.5-in. × 8.25-in. steel wheels.
The FTR is slated to go into production at a new facility in Charlotte, Mich. in mid-2017.