Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the Toyo M655 all-weather tire for local and regional service applications into the U.S market. The tire was already previously available in Canada.
This mixed service commercial tire, suitable for both drive and steer applications, is built for year-round use in demanding conditions, including snow and ice, the company says.
According to the company, benefits of the tire include the following:
- A wide tread that features aggressive blocks with multi-wave sipes to optimize traction;
- A combination of saddle notches and stone ejectors that help to support the blocks to retain overall stiffness while evacuating stones and debris.
- A cut- and chip-resistant tread compound;
- A sidewall protector that is built-in to ensure durability on harsh roads;
- It is also designed and manufactured using Toyo Tires’ proprietary e-balance casing technology, which the company says results in greater stability and longevity under heavy loads.
“The M655 really excels in mixed service applications, where traction and stability are important,” said Dave Johnston, senior product manager of commercial truck tires for Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. “The tire’s ability to clean out mud, snow, and debris while maintaining grip on ice increases uptime for your fleet.”
The M655 will be available this April in two sizes, 225/70R19.5 14-ply and 245/70R19.5 16-ply.