Avery Dennison Performance Tapes announced the launch of the Volt Tough portfolio of electrical insulation tape. The company says this line of electrically insulative, single-sided filmic tapes is engineered to address the challenges of insufficient electrical insulation in EV battery packs.
Arcing can occur between high-voltage battery cells and conductive components throughout a pack, including the cooling components, busbars, cell connection systems, heat spreaders, and other structural elements.
The company touts the following features of the Volt Tough line:
- Conformable options for curved geometries;
- High abrasion-resistant options;
- Various color options for vision inspection systems;
- Flame-retardant options for UL 94 and other flame requirements;
- High dielectric strength with thin, consistent profiles enabling higher energy density;
- Instant bonding to enable efficient production.