Phillips Industries has introduced the Qwik-Change power air kit (PAK) combining factory-assembled tractor-to-trailer connection components and cable support under one part number. A Qwik-Change PAK combines Phillips spiral-wrapped three-in-one electrical and air combination assemblies with quick-change plugs (QCP), service and emergency factory-installed anodized gladhands, and two 25-in. Qwik-Change heavy-duty tracker spring kits with Qwik-Clamp.
Features of individual PAK components, noted by Phillips Industries, include:
- QCP offer serviceable seven-way plugs with corrosion-inhibiting components. The nylon plug insert is easily removed and replaced. With the QCP, there is no rewiring or removal of spiral wrap to disassemble the three-in-one for repair.
- Seven-way trailer side cable guard and extended lead length expands cable life with added protection at major stress points, reducing downtime.
- Factory-installed anodized gladhands with stainless steel detent plates for corrosion protection preserve the air connections in harsh conditions.
- Application-specific heavy-duty springs and Qwik-Clamp offer proper air and electrical cable support. The Qwik-Clamp is corrosion-resistant and installs and adjusts in seconds without tools.
- Phillips air and electrical lines are spiral-wrapped, providing abrasion protection and an unobstructed view for DOT inspections.
PAKs are available from Phillips authorized dealers with 12- or 15-ft. cable lengths. Two additional limited-edition PAKs include the heavy-duty tracker spring kits with Qwik-Clamp designed with a green “Supporting Vets” sleeve in partnership with the Wyakin Foundation through the Green Gives Back campaign. Contributions from the sale of these select PAKs will be donated towards Wyakin’s initiative aiding veterans transitioning back into civilian life.