Shell Lubricants is introducing Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 0W-40 heavy-duty diesel engine oil. This new oil is an upgrade/relaunch of the Rotella T6 full synthetic 0W-40, and now meets API CK-4 requirements.
“This is a product that is designed for extreme temperatures,” said Dan Arcy, global OEM technical manager for Shell Rotella, at an event introducing the new oil. “We’ve enhanced the oxidation on it to meet API CK-4 requirements, while maintaining the strong characteristics we had for piston deposit control, cleanliness and wear protection.
“Because it’s a 0W-40, it meets low-temperature requirements, but it also provides extreme protection for high-temperature, as a result of being a synthetic,” Arcy noted.
According to Shell, benefits of Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 0W-40 include:
- Advanced wear protection for long engine life.
- The advanced multi-functional dispersant additives in combination with synthetic base oils provide and enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants.
- The oil resists breakdown by heat to provide continuous protection throughout the service interval.
- Provides improved low temperature flow compared to a conventional SAE 15W-40.
- Advanced low-ash formulation helps control blocking of or poisoning of exhaust after-treatment devices, helping maintain DPF service life.
Specifications, approvals and recommendations for Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 0W-40 include:
- API CK-4, CJ-4
- Caterpillar ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1A
- Cummins CES 20086
- Ford WSS-M2C171-F1
- Mack EO-S 4.5
- Volvo VDS-4.5, VDS-4
The new oil will be available this coming January.