VMAC has announced that the Underhood Lite air compressor system is now available on the Ford Transit 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 Van. This brings the efficiency, power, safety and performance of the Underhood Lite air compressor system to the growing number of Ford Transit Van fleets across North America. The Underhood Lite (pictured below) aims to be a specifically designed tool for light-duty vans, coming in at a fraction of the weight of air compressors meant for trucks.
“Happy operators, fleet managers and safety officers is our primary goal,” says Mike Pettigrew, VMAC Marketing Manager. “The Underhood Lite air compressor for Ford Transit Vans is the first air compressor that is purpose-built for this van.”
Here are the VMAC Underhood Lite’s listed features, according to the company:
- Compressor Type – Belt Driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC Oil-injected rotary screw
- Rated Air Capacity – 30 CFM at 100 PSI (150 PSI Max.)
- Weight (wet) – Approx. 85 lbs.
- WHASP Tank – Combined oil cooler and air/oil separator tank
- WHASP Dimensions – 17.5 in. high by 8 in. wide by 19.75 in. long, including oil filter
- Mounting Bracket – Application engineered, easy installation
- Throttle Control – Two speed operation (base and elevated idle)
- Displays and Controls – Easy to read hour meter, high idle speed adjustment
- Safety Features – Compressor thermal protection circuit; automatic rapid blowdown valve on tank; 200 PSI overpressure safety valve; parking brake must be engaged and truck must be in park for the system to start