XRS Corp. has announced a new addition to its mobile fleet optimization solution that will be aimed at bringing insight into customer’s routes, allowing for better on-time delivery metrics, enhanced driver productivity and real-time information into daily operations. The company showcased the new feature—called TRP—at the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) Education Management Conference & Exhibition in Cincinnati.
The TRP service will help fleets manage the productivity and efficiency of their equipment and drivers within a single, comprehensive application, monitoring trips and routes with “planned vs. actual” reporting and real-time insight, the company explained. Fleets can view deviation from a planned route and accurately project up-to-the-minute ETAs as drivers progress through a trip, while drivers can access a route plan through their smartphone, tablet, or rugged handheld, quickly and easily seeing their stops and activities as they progress through the day.
XRS also provides driver tools that enable enhanced data collection for repetitive activities at a customer site, allowing fleets to account for over, short or damaged items, customer feedback and proof of delivery. TRP, in conjunction with another XRS feature called FLX forms, removes burdensome data entry requirements by providing drivers a simplified workflow experience on the mobile device.
Additional functionality for TRP includes:
- The ability to import routes from leading third-party routing providers;
- A driver application that leverages smartphones, tablets and rugged handhelds;
- Trip progression monitoring, used to understand if a driver is behind or ahead in their route;
- FleetView, which gives fleet managers one location to view drivers, routes and stops, while providing data to reduce out-of-route miles and gain insight into site activities;
- The ability for a planner to quickly add static routes;
- Data extract tools through web services; and
- Improved exception reporting with drilldown capability into the planned vs. actual reports.