Anytrek Corp. announced the release of TrackLight, its new GPS tracker for the heavy-duty transport industry, which the company says was designed to look, fit and function the same as a standard 4-in. LED stop/turn/tail light, and was built to address and overcome the drawbacks with current tracking products.
“TrackLight is the result of significant study and analysis of the needs of the market and the current competition,” said Dr. Noam Zeng, chief technology officer for Anytrek. “By incorporating our GPS technology into a standard 4-in. tail light, we have created a tracker that is simple to fit, requires minimal down time for the asset’s owner, does not damage the trailer and is completely covert.”
Benefits of the TrackLight GPS tracker highlighted by the company include:
- Simple and quick to install—remove and unplug the current tail light, connect TrackLight using the standard plug and fit into the tail light fitting. Installation takes less than five minutes.
- TrackLight uses the 3G spectrum for strong coverage and performance. Built-in intelligence will store and forward location reports should TrackLight encounter any cellular blackspots.
- Users can use Anytrek’s web portal and smartphone apps to monitor its location in real time.
- Built-in Li battery will provide up to two months continuous reporting if unpowered.
- No need to drill or cut holes into the trailer walls or splice into power leads.
- Looks and functions just like a normal LED tail light; cannot be detected and therefore cannot be tampered with.
- Ideal for specialist trailers such as chassis, tanker, reefers, dumpers, lowboys etc.
- A cost-effective TrackLight ‘dummy’ which looks the same but is purely a tail light is available to give the ‘matching pair’ look to make it truly covert.
For more information, visit the Anytrek website.