Lytx RAIR compliance services has added new functionality and a more streamlined workspace to make managing fleet hours-of-service (HOS) and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) compliance more comprehensive and efficient, and reducing violation risk easier, in advance of the upcoming ELD Mandate.
Lytx RAIR compliance services currently audits more than 8 million electronic and paper logs each month for more than 1,300 fleet, and integrates with virtually every major ELD to consume and audit log data. RAIR has the added capability to validate electronic and paper logs with events and supporting documentation against the driver’s duty status. These log falsification checks are validated using data from fuel cards, GPS, EZPass, roadside inspections, accidents, and more. The result is a comprehensive audit of 100% of driver logs, with a precise analysis of documentation gaps and flags for falsified, incomplete or inaccurate logs, according to Lytx.
In preparing for the ELD mandate, RAIR has updated its services to meet the DOT’s new data requirements. Additionally, RAIR’s ELD integrations have been updated to support the ingest of the new data points to ensure clients can track drivers’ adherence to the new rules once they are enacted. The added functionality and enhancements further enable the cross-referencing of hours of service (HOS) with supporting documentation and log validation to pinpoint trouble spots, because, as Walters said, “you can’t take action on what you aren’t aware of.”
The updated RAIR workspace dashboard shows the following, according to Lytx:
- Hours-of-service violation statistics, quickly answering whether they’re trending upward or downward, how they are performing against specific HOS rules, and how violations are influencing CSA scores.
- CSA Group BASIC scores, showing the CSA percentile for the associated DOT number in each of the 7 BASICS compared to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) intervention threshold for each BASIC. This allows users to evaluate how performance is trending and see what violation types contribute the most to the score.
- Group ranking, quickly identifying which terminals/locations are struggling with HOS or CSA violations, enabling the safety and compliance manager to detect and address the groups or locations that are having the biggest impact on both risk and compliance.
- Driver ranking, quickly revealing which drivers are generating HOS or CSA violations, enabling the safety and compliance manager to work with the drivers who are having the biggest impact on both risk and compliance.
- Location Ranking, enabling the safety and compliance manager to view a roll up of performance trends by a specific location.
RAIR accesses the FMCSA portal daily and the Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS) database monthly to capture all violations so the RAIR workspace dashboard always reflects the most current information available, Lytx said.