Service: XTRA Lease Indianapolis relocates to new facility near I-74￼
CarriersEdge has recently unveiled a series of online training courses for auto-hauler drivers. The new suite includes “Auto-Hauler Cargo Inspection” and “Vehicle Inspections – Stinger Steer” courses. A third course, dedicated to unloading cargo, is scheduled for release this summer.
The “Auto-Hauler Cargo Inspection” course outlines how to properly conduct vehicle inspection, identify damage or defects on the vehicles being transported and how to accurately report exceptions. After completing this course, drivers will be able to:
- Perform delivery inspections both during and after business hours;
- Use multiple viewpoints to spot vehicle damage;
- Recognize the difference between common defects like scratches, gouges, dents, and chips; and
- Record damages and defects, including steps for photographing issues and informing the customer or yard supervisor.
Stinger steers are unique vehicles with distinct parts that drivers need to regularly inspect.The “Vehicle Inspections-Stinger Steer” course outlines what drivers need to look for, specific to their vehicle, to ensure compliance with regulations and to remain safe when transporting cargo. Through this course, drivers will learn:
- Regulations for vehicle inspections;
- Details on inspecting decks, ramps, and hydraulic components; and
- How to complete a Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR in the U.S.) .
Both auto-hauler courses incorporate a combination of 3D models and real photographs, providing drivers with a complete picture of the vehicle and what to look for. The courses include inspection “hotspots” detailing how to inspect each area.