UPDATE: Hot on the heels of the announcement that Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) opened orders for its all-electric Freightliner eCascadia and eM2, Fleet Equipment Editor Jason Morgan hosted DTNA’s Richard Howard, SVP, on-highway sales and marketing; Rakesh Aneja, head of eMobility; and Dr. Andreas Juretzka, director of eMobility product development engineering, for a live online discussion to talk about what DTNA has learned over its extensive electric truck pilot programs and how to apply those lessons to fleet applications. These programs have included more than 20 fleets covering nearly 700,000 cumulative real-world miles.
Topics covered include:
• Real-world electric truck range findings;
• Electric truck charging infrastructure investment needs;
• Truck charging strategies and management;
• If electric truck service was drastically reduced compared with diesel trucks
• Electric truck lifecycle expectations;
• The impact on tire wear;
• Regenerative braking technology details and operational benefits;
• Battery pack details;
• and more!