Ford Pro, the commercial division within Ford Motor Co., is releasing new Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 amp and expanded DC Fast Charger for commercial vehicle use. The company says this makes for an integrated solution that simplifies EV charging for both Ford and non-Ford electric vehicles.
Expanded options for the DC Fast Charger include 180kW and 240 kW varieties.
Ford Pro shares the following features for the Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 amp, which is now available for pre-order:
- Enhanced security with RFID that limits unwanted charger access. The new RFID software also supports Ford and non-Ford vehicles, for fleet operators to track energy reports through Ford Pro’s charging management software.
- Improved detachable cable and connector that the company says is designed to reduce time and expense of charger repairs avoiding replacement of the entire charging station if a cable or connector is damaged.
- Wide range of connectivity options with cellular pre-configured and optional Wi-Fi and ethernet connectivity for locations with restricted cellular coverage.
- The new Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 Amp will be ISO-15118 ready and equipped to enable future functionality over the air such as advanced vehicle to charger communications that can identify and log when a specific vehicle connects, according to Ford Pro.
- New LCD screen on the Series 2 charger, as noted in the press release, displays step-by-step instructions to initiate charging and important information including charge duration, fault alerts, energy usage, and more.
- Temperature sensors to monitor and alert for overheating by derating the charger automatically.
- Extended operating temperature range of -40°C (-40°F) to 50°C (122°F) and operating altitude of up to 3500m.
Additionally, Ford Pro’s BEV Fit team offers available free consulting to customers to help identify available incentives, consult on charging site design and construction, and collaborate with local utilities on energy needs, the company notes.