Hyliion unveiled an improved model of its Hybrid system at the Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Long Beach, California. The Hyliion Hybrid eX is an updated version of the company’s existing hybrid powertrain offering.
Hyliion says the Hybrid eX draws upon the real-world feedback Hyliion has received from customers to offer features that include:
• A simpler, more rugged design with a consolidated battery box that aims to significantly streamline the installation process;
• Reduced net system weight, allowing for greater payload;
• A new e-axle for improved efficiency;
• Refined software and cloud connectivity aiming to deliver over-the-air performance and proprietary updates more efficiently;
• A new automatic traction-assist feature and updated control interfaces striving for improved driver experience; and
• Cybersecurity advancements.
“The launch of the enhanced version of our Hybrid powertrain is a major milestone in our Hybrid commercialization process and reflects the ongoing work we are doing to innovate for the benefit of commercial fleets and the environment,” said Thomas Healy, founder and CEO of Hyliion. “We expect these improvements to make the Hybrid that much easier for fleets to adopt, while also helping them to achieve their ESG and emissions targets.”
Hyliion is expected to begin shipping Hybrid eX units in the latter part of 2021.
More from Hyliion’s Healy
Just before ACT Expo, I caught up with Healy on the latest developments at Hyliion. Watch the video by clicking below.