Hyundai Translead announced the launch of HT LinkSense, an open-platform smart trailer solution that is integrated with multiple telematics partners: CalAmp, Orbcomm, Phillips Connect, PowerFleet, Road Ready, Sensata Xirgo, SkyBitz and Spireon.
According to Hyundai Translead, by providing universal connectivity between sensor packages and existing telematics systems, HT LinkSense gives fleets the flexibility to choose sensors and telematics providers that meet their needs, while simultaneously eliminating compatibility issues.
“The idea is to create an ecospace where this myriad of sensors can talk to one another, integrates seamlessly and passes through a known gateway that’s already on the equipment,” says Sean Kenney, chief sales officer at Hyundai Translead. “Once you do that the ROI model, while still complicated, is more clear.”
Initially, the HT LinkSense solution will be available for Hyundai Translead dry van trailers, and will expand into refrigerated, flatbed, chassis and aftermarket products in the future.
According to the company, data insights provided by HT LinkSense include the following:
- Cargo Volume Sensor: Cargo volume sensors use ultrasonic technology to provide estimated cargo volume, dividing the trailer into five different zones to report overall volume and help improve utilization.
- Weight Sensor: Weight scale sensors can accurately report weight on both air and spring suspensions, providing operational efficiency and cost containment.
- Door Sensor: Door sensors detect the opening and closing of doors, offering real-time and time-logged monitoring for increased cargo security.
- Air Disc Brake Pad Wear Sensor: Continuous wear sensors (CWS) monitor the amount of remaining brake pad in real-time, providing efficient monitoring and scheduling maintenance.
- Smart Brake Chamber: A smart brake chamber monitors the air pressure in the parking and service brake line on each brake chamber, analyzing patterns for problems like dragging.