Carrier Transicold of Detroit and Refrigeración Especializada para el Transporte de Occidente (RETO) were named dealers of the year for North America and Latin America, respectively, at the annual meeting of Carrier Transicold’s Truck/Trailer/Rail Americas dealers.
Carrier Transicold recognized the 2018 performance by its North America and Latin America dealers, reflected in a record 149 awards presented.
Now in its 52nd year of operation, Carrier Transicold of Detroit, located in Lincoln Park, Michigan, is one of the original dealerships to join the Carrier Transicold dealer network when it was formed in the early 1970s. This marks the sixth time in its history that Carrier Transicold of Detroit has received the Dealer of the Year award. Along with Dealer of the Year, the dealer earned a NextLevel2 Platinum Award, which is given for achievements in customer satisfaction, business investment, service proficiency, sales performance and growth.
RETO, based in Guadalajara, Mexico, is now a three-time Dealer of the Year winner, all within a span of 10 years. In 2018, the dealership broke previous sales records set for the region, according to Jesús Estrada, region director for Mexico and Latin America for Carrier Transicold.
Seventy-five dealerships received awards for 2018 performance in areas of customer satisfaction, growth, business investment and service proficiency. Among them, Williams Carrier Transicold of Richfield, Ohio, attained the Extra Mile Award for exemplary customer service.
Additionally, five individuals were recognized for personal accomplishments:
• Eddie Guzik, Gateway Truck & Refrigeration, Justice, Illinois – Dealer Sales Manager of the Year, North America
• Ruben Duran, RETO – Dealer Sales Manager of the Year, Latin America
• Wayne Merrill, Keizer Refrigeration, Sioux City, Iowa – Dealer Service Manager of the Year, North America
• Walter Reyes, Refrigeración y Transporte, San Pedro Sula, Honduras – Dealer Service Manager of the Year, Latin America
• Brian DeWitt, Reefer Service, Hudsonville, Michigan – Dealer Parts Manager of the Year, North America
The annual dealer meeting, held this year in Scottsdale, Arizona, was attended by Carrier Transicold employees and representatives from 183 dealerships in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and Chile, with guests from Carrier Transicold operations in Brazil.