Components: Trucker Path now offers Geotab ELD and telematics solutions
Chevron Products Co. has unveiled its line of Delo 400 API CK-4 and FA-4 heavy duty motor oils coming Dec. 1. As part of its product rollout, Chevron will be launching a new advisor service created to help customers select the best products for them by assessing their business needs, analyzing their current lubricant choices and developing a customized action plan specific to their needs.
“This is a time of change in our industry, and we expect customers will have many questions, including what oil is best for their business needs,” said Doug Hinzie, vice president for Americas lubricants at Chevron. “With the licensing of API CK-4 and FA-4 oils, our customers will have more choices than ever, so we are providing products and services to answer those questions and improve their business. Continuing that collaboration, we are committed to work with them to help them determine the best product for their needs, which is why we launched our new advisor service.”
Chevron unveiled the next generation of its ISOSYN technology, a combination of Chevron’s formulation expertise, high-performance additive chemistry and premium base oils, that helps extend the durability of critical diesel engine parts. ISOSYN Advanced Technology enables increased durability, through better oxidation control, anti-wear protection and piston control, while extending drain intervals compared to API CJ-4 oils, according to Chevron, who added that the new generation of this technology has helped to optimize fuel efficiency for the FA-4 specific oils.
According to Chevron, the new Delo 400 product line offers optimized performance and better engine protection than any prior Delo product, extending the life of the vehicle and helping minimize the cost of ownership. The new Delo 400 product line will be available in the following varieties:
- Delo 400 XSP SAE 5W-30 – Full synthetic meeting API CK-4
- Delo 400 XSP SAE 5W-40 – Full synthetic meeting API CK-4
- Delo 400 XLE SAE 10W-30 – Synthetic blend meeting API CK-4
- Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 – Synthetic blend meeting API CK-4
- Delo 400 SDE SAE 15W-40 – Premium base oil meeting API CK-4
- Delo 400 ZFA SAE 10W-30 – Synthetic blend meeting API FA-4
“At Chevron, our focus is on helping our customers be successful,” said Rommel Atienza, Commercial Brand Manager for North America at Chevron. “That means we are focused on working with fleet managers, and owners/operators to minimize the total cost of ownership beyond the engine and engine oils. We are shifting our perspective to look at the whole vehicle and how we can ladder up to the bigger impact on a business. Our new advisor program will help us partner with our customers to drive their business forward with the right product for their needs.”
In addition to the new product line, Chevron will be launching a new advisor service for its customers and potential customers to help them during this time of transition, ensuring they select the right product for their needs. As described by Chevron, this new program has three phases:
- Assess – Chevron will take stock of all the equipment, field of industry, level of performance and goals for the business.
- Analyze – Leveraging its expertise, Chevron will work with the customer to determine what product is best for them, based on the budget, production demands and vision for the future.
- Action – After the data has been calculated, a report will be generated outlining the ideal product recommendation that will optimize the business, advise on total vehicle efficiency improvements and customize inventory management for the needs of each company.