Rand McNally says it has released a new, robust solar-powered asset tracker, certified for the most extreme episodes of wind, dust and water.
The new TrueTrack S110 tracker—for use on trailers and other high-value equipment—has a rating of IP69K, the highest standard for proven protection against dust, close-range, high-pressure water and high-temperature liquids making their way inside the device.
Although there are some battery-operated trackers with IP69K certification, the inlaid solar panel, as well as the pressure equalization vent and gasket, create more complexity; with innovative design, Rand McNally says it has achieved “Ingress Protection” certification as defined by the International Electrotechnical Commission.
The TrueTrack S110 is part of Rand McNally’s connected fleet platform and can be used as a stand-alone product or added to a company’s monthly subscription. As a result, by logging in to Rand McNally’s web portal, customers can view the location of all their fleet vehicles and assets on one map, the company says.
The company says other features of the new tracker and web portal include:
- A rechargeable solar battery with a conventional battery backup;
- Up to 90 days between full charges;
- 10-minute or less installation;
- Pre-configuration and ready to go;
- Precise location transmission, whether in motion or still, using a built-in cellular modem running on a 4G LTE network;
- The ability to set up custom geofences in order to receive an email alert when an asset moves, enters or exits a designated boundary;
- On-screen mapping and location information plus up to six months of tracking data and reporting.