Schneider is upgrading its driver facilities in the Dallas with a new operating center, which is expected to open in January.
The new location is being built at 1211 E. Pleasant Run Road in Wilmer, Texas, in the heart of the Interstates 45 and 20 corridors. It will replace the current facility located at 34500 LBJ Freeway in Dallas, which Schneider opened in 2000.
Schneider’s new Dallas facility will have:
- Expanded tractor (304 stalls) and trailer (340 stalls) parking – nearly 50% more than the current location
- Driver business center, video lounge and quiet lounge with power charging stations
- Exercise equipment, expanded free laundry services and nine shower stalls
- Full-service café with seating options for powering personal and business-related hand-held devices, as well as off-hour open-concept vending service
- Wi-Fi enabled yard
- Company retail store
- Onsite training simulators
The new site will also include a maintenance building that will double the capacity that is available at the current location, which will include 10 tractor bays, five trailer bays, three express bays, two PM pits, a 6,700-square-foot parts room and two open steam bay stations.